What is Compartmentation?
- A strategic plan for the project
- Specify materials and products required
- Confirm the design and installation requirements; and
- Protect both the client and contractor
The main purpose of our surveys is to assess the level of compartmentation within any given building and subsequently identify all breaches and defects in fire resisting construction. Our surveys within residential buildings identify the fire separation between neighbouring flats, flats and the common areas and flats and ancillary rooms and service risers.
As a package of works, Holistic fire safety provide the following:
- Safety documentation
- Declaration of insurance
- Pre/Construction phase plan
- Risk assessment & Method statement
- PDF and CSV files for each floor / designated zone within the building
- Files identify specific findings and actions required for remediation and enable filters to be applied to determine defects, dimensions of breach and remediation required.
Our surveys take into consideration the fire strategy of the building which includes risk profile, vulnerabilities of occupancy and premises construction to work with clients, designers, contractors, inspectors, insurers and the enforcing authority to ensure tested solutions are installed.